Skip to content
- Caitlin Lustig, Sean Rintel, Liane Scult, Siddharth Suri. “Stuck in the middle with you: The transaction costs of corporate employees hiring freelancers”. Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing. ACM, 2020. [pdf]
- Morgan Klaus Scheuerman, Kandrea Wade, Caitlin Lustig, Jed Brubaker. “How We’ve Taught Algorithms to See Identity: Constructing Race and Gender in Image Databases for Facial Analysis”. Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing. ACM, 2020. [pdf]
- Caitlin Lustig. “Intersecting Imaginaries: Visions of Decentralized Autonomous Systems.” Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing Companion. ACM, 2019. [pdf]
- Jaime Snyder, Elizabeth Murnane, Caitlin Lustig, Stephen Voida. “Visually Encoding the Lived Experience of Bipolar Disorder.” CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 2019. [pdf]
- Yong Ming Kow and Caitlin Lustig. “Imaginaries and Crystallization Processes in Bitcoin Infrastructuring.” Journal of Computer Supported Cooperative Work (JCSCW). 2018.
- Caitlin Lustig and Bonnie Nardi. “Algorithmic Authority: The Case of Bitcoin”. Proceedings of HICSS-48. Kauai, HI: IEEE Computer Society. January 5-8, 2015.
- Ruth E. Anderson, Waylon Brunette, Erica Johnson, Caitlin Lustig, Anthony Poon, Cynthia Putnam, Odina Salihbaeva, Beth E. Kolko, Gaetano Borriello. “Experiences with a Transportation Information System that Uses Only GPS and SMS”. ICTD 2010 at Royal Holloway, University of London. December, 2010.
- Ruth E. Anderson, Anthony Poon, Caitlin Lustig, Waylon Brunette, Gaetano Borriello and Beth E. Kolko. “Building a Transportation Information System Using Only GPS and Basic SMS Infrastructure”. ICTD 2009 at Carnegie Mellon Qatar. April, 2009.
- Michael Ann DeVito, Ashley Marie Walker, Caitlin Lustig, Amy J. Ko, Katta Spiel, Alex A. Ahmed, Kimberley Allison, Morgan Scheuerman, Brianna Dym, Jed R. Brubaker, Ellen Simpson, Naveen Bagalkot, Noopur Raval, Michael Muller, Jennifer Rode, Mary L. Gray, “SIG: Queer in HCI: Supporting LGBTQIA+ Researchers and Research Across Domains”. In Extended Abstracts of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 2020. [pdf]
- Chris Elsden, Bettina Nissen, Karim Jabbar, Reem Talhouk, Caitlin Lustig, Paul Dunphy, Chris Speed, and John Vines. “HCI for Blockchain: Studying, Designing, Critiquing and Envisioning Distributed Ledger Technologies.” In Extended Abstracts of the 2018 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 2018.
- Caitlin Lustig, Katie Pine, Bonnie Nardi, Lilly Irani, Min Kyung Lee, Dawn Nafus, and Christian Sandvig. “Algorithmic Authority: the Ethics, Politics, and Economics of Algorithms that Interpret, Decide, and Manage”. Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 2016.
- Susann Wagenknecht, Min Lee, Caitlin Lustig, Jacki O’Neill, and Himanshu Zade. “Algorithms at Work: Empirical Diversity, Analytic Vocabularies, Design Implications”. Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing Companion. ACM, 2016.
Workshop and Non-Archival Papers
- Caitlin Lustig, Ridley Jones, Josephine Hoy, Negin Alimohammadi, and Charlotte P. Lee. “Resilience and the Rapid Shift to Remote Working at a University: Emerging Questions”. The New Future of Work Symposium, 2020. [webpage] [pdf] [video]
- Jed R. Brubaker, Caitlin Lustig, Gillian R. Hayes. “PatientsLikeMe: Empowerment and Representation in a Patient Centered Social Network”. “CSCW Research in Healthcare: Past, Present, and Future” workshop at CSCW 2010. February, 2010.
- Caitlin Lustig, Hristo Novatchkov, Lucy Dunne, Mike McHugh and Lorcan Coyle. “Using Colocation to Support Human Memory.” MeMos 2007: Supporting Human Memory with Interactive Systems. Workshop at the 2007 British HCI International Conference. 2007.
- Elizabeth Murnane, Caitie Lustig, Tara Walker, Beck Tench, Stephen Voida, and Jaime Snyder. “Personal Informatics in Interpersonal Contexts: Towards the Design of Technology that Supports the Social Ecologies of Long-Term Mental Health Management”. Medium.com 2019. [link]
- Nicholas Proferes, Alissa Centivany, Caitlin Lustig, and Jed Brubaker. “Studying User Perceptions and Experiences with Algorithms”. International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM) 2017.
- Caitlin Lustig. The University of California, Irvine’s Celebration of Graduate Success booklet, 2016.
- John Seberger, Caitlin Lustig, Andy Echenique. “Music for Labs”. Society for Social Studies of Science 2013.
- Caitlin Lustig and Lorcan Coyle. “Reminding Short-Term Memory Sufferers to Complete Routine Tasks.” University College Dublin. UCDCSI Technical Report 2007-10. 2007.